Pages

Monday, 6 April 2015

The anti-shopaholic

This morning I went shopping. I'm not yet recovered.



There's something that needs to be established. I absolutely hate shopping. (Screw you retailers and items of relatively moderate prices.) For the longest time ever I've hated shopping, much to the dismay of my family who find comfort in buying random stuff and items of non weather appropriate clothing. Shopping just isn't my thing and I'm certain it will never be.

Today, I was dragged against my will to New Look. Despite my kicking, screaming and my failed attempts at persuading my mum that I'd come down with a seriously contagious disease affecting my ability to be around humans and look at clothes, I was still made to go. So I went ( after many tries at tuck and rolling out the moving vehicle) and prepared my self for what was to happen.

I walked among mere muggles, my personal space clearly invaded as I weaved myself through a network of speeding bodies. As I reached the store, I felt my feet urging me to turn away and run, but doing so would make me look like a complete psycho and I'm not about that life. So I mustered up the pitiful  morsels of courage left in me and entered the store, purposely shielding my eyes form the looks of budding fashion gurus and certain future clothing designers.

And through the jungle of moderately priced clothes, I ventured, praying my trek to be short lived. I spent at least an hour in there. But it felt like an infinity as I squashed myself through narrow isles to an undetermined fate. Umpteen faces passed by as I skimmed the racks for clothes. I was speedy and quick wanting to purchase my stupid items of clothing and leave. But my brother was not, taking his time, cautiously picking out pieces of clothes like leaves of weightless gold. Then he'd hold them up too me,I would pull them form his grasp and direct him to another part of the retail jungle.

 #GOALS

www.pinterest.com

 It was hella awkward. After spending almost 6 days in hibernation from the outer world, I was terrified to finally walk upon the golden paths of shopaholics. I would much rather have donned a bin bag then enter these stores, but apparently that isn't socially acceptable. Once again screw you retailers, and the same to all those Instagram fashionistas ( is this even a word?). Providing us style lacking people with a false sense of hope that maybe we too one day will look as cool wearing flannels, tight white t shirts and high heeled shoes. Dyeing our hair extravagant shades of pinks and purples and neon greens and blues.

But I survived this high street hunger games, only leaving with minor emotional damage and sore legs. The odds were in my favor, but one thing's for sure. I'm still an anti-shopaholic.





19 comments:

  1. Hahahaha :P
    I'm speechless xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I take your breath away? lol. Thank you Neal.

      Delete
  2. Ha, love how you narrated the experience. I'll admit, I love shopping, but I used to hate it, so I feel you. Tip: buy online! So much quicker and easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm converting to online shopping immediately, I think it's the best considering I'm gradually growing insane with every shopping trip.

      Delete
  3. I love shopping! But sadly I can't go clothing shopping but once a year, because clothing (especially women's clothing) is expensive. I usually stick to the thrift stores, besides I can create my own style that way! As for all the people shopping, it's so overwhelming. I see how you feel.
    Mae :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift stores, to me ,have this cool vintage vibe. You can find so many cool things in thrift stores and their inexpensive which is a bonus. And I agree shopping is so expensive, which is why I refuse to go most of the time, Well it's that and the fact that I hate how cramped malls are. It really is overwhelming.

      Delete
  4. i follow you, follow me back


    http://betrendylbeyourself.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you make going shopping so entertaining to read. :) I don't mind shopping, but I try to go at hours when there will be few people. But malls, well, they're okay, except for the obnoxious vendors. Not all of them are persistent, but some are and I shy away from that fast as a blink. I take the paths less crowded, even if I have to go out of my way. And slow walking people annoy me so much! There should be a minimum speed limit for walking. Some people just puddling around like unambitious slugs. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES I completely agree with you. Shopping is one of my most dreaded activities haha (:
    great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I try to suppress my shopping experiences but I just can't seem too. Thank you Arushee.

      Delete
  7. The only part I like about shopping is when you're with friends that dislike a certain shop as much as you do, and you all start making fun of it together and come up with a bunch of inside jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never go shopping with my friends but maybe that would make my shopping experience a lot better. I enjoy making fun of retailers and shoppers. It's the only likable part of going to town.

      Delete
  8. omg i love shopping!

    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could share that feeling. lol

      Delete
  9. You have a bautiful Blog! Let me know if you like to follow each other! <3
    xoxo Nadine
    http://pradagirly55.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete