Pages

Friday, 6 February 2015

There's this tree...

How do you do Mr Tree?

I've been staring outside my window for the past ten minutes. The cup of tea I've made is cold and the huge pile of homework to my right just doesn't seem to be going down.

There's this tree a couple meters in front of our house. It's been there for some years now. I see it sway through the slits in the blinds and I realize how much I've grown to like this particular tree. You see:

Mr Tree is a humble old thing,
He wears this green jacket,
And smiles in the spring.
It's not that often that you'll hear him speak,
But he's still the nicest tree you'll ever meet,
And he likes the breeze,
When the Autumn comes,
But he'd much prefer the summer's sun.

I know this isn't a fiction Friday post but I didn't want to share a poorly written part 2 of my story. So instead I came up with this.

 Have you ever grown attached to an inanimate object before or is it just me?




9 comments:

  1. I love this!! It is so beautiful. No it is not just you. I have grown attached to my computer. Haha just kidding (not) but do stuffed animals count? I have a good relationship with a lot of my stuffed animals. (I sound like a weirdo don't I) But fabulous post!

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noor and Emily. I don't think it's weird at all to have an attachment to stuffed animals. I have a suitcase full of them that I refuse to let go off.

      Delete
  2. This is just amazing personifying a tree I never looked at anything that way and when I come to think of it there are a lot trees near my house as well which've grown with me :D
    Mr.Tree sure did fine through different season :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE trees so much! So this post made me happy happy. Eee. Wonderful, wonderful writing. I'm going to write a post while I neglect schoolwork, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neglecting homework is the best :P Thank you.

      Delete
  4. This was beautiful, I wish I could see tree's from my window, the stars will have to do.

    Meme xx

    Latest post out now
    'Superdrug Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm a big fan of the stars as well.

      Delete