Pages

Monday, 16 February 2015

Guest Post- How to pull off a selfie

How to Pull Off a Selfie.

So you've taken a photo of yourself (shamefully), tried to hide your arms to look like you have a personal photographer, edited the crap out of it, and now you have to post it to the world to prove that in certain moments, with certain poses, with certain filters, you actually don't look like a total potato. Even though you look like a beautiful, majestic creature in it, you still have to come up with a good caption.
There are a couple options you can choose to pull off the selfie.
Option 1: Ignoring the fact that you just posted a selfie, and your Instagram is already 40% selfies. Ignore the content of your picture completely and write about a time where you experienced your first sandwich. "It stared at me, playing hard to get. I was shy. Did it know how much I thought about it? The bread and meat combination was frightening yet... alluring. I was scared. I didn't know if I was ready. But I took a bite of that sandwich. It was okay. #MyFirstSandwich"
Option 2: Putting a lot of hashtags to disguise the fact that you posted a selfie. "#Selfie#Fun#HumanGirl#Ugly#JustKidding#Pretty#Summer2k15#ItsActuallySpring#Hashtag#Beyonce#2Kool4Skool#YoureAWizardHarry#Bagels"
Option 3: Completely accepting the fact that you just took a selfie. "This is actually 1 out of the 47 photos I took of myself this morning. I added 8 filters so you can't even tell I'm the same person let alone an actual human. #HeresMyFace"
Option 4: Use music lyrics. Choose your favorite lines from any screamo band. There's no need to cite the actual band, everyone will just know that those are song lyrics and not your thoughts. "AHAHHAGHAGHAGAGHAAGGAGAAHAHHAHAHA I KICK BABIES AND HATE CHOCOLATE AGHAGAHGAGAGGAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
Now if those tips don't get you hundreds of likes, I don't know what would.
If you liked these tips, check out barelyadult.blogspot.com for more riveting and extremely helpful advice.

I second that, definitely go check out some more posts.
I hope you enjoyed this guest post by the amazing Viviane.




27 comments:

  1. Such a unusually great post! I love it and it's true! Your blogs fabulous
    Amber
    www.amberoseblogs.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Unusually great is an excellent way to describe the post. I'll certainly be using these tips if I ever take a good selfie.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Viviane is indescribably funny. I'm glad you loved it.

      Delete
  3. I love her blog it's so funny especially all the illustrations XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illustrations are hilarious and just so artisitc. Her use of abstract and the contrast between the colors are just...so... amazing. Can you tell I'm pretending to know a thing about art? Lol. Her blog is so funny.

      Delete
  4. Great tips. I can never pull of a selfie. It looks like I'm a baby duck being murdered. Don't ask what that looks like. I love her site, funny illustrations!

    ~Noor
    http://wonderkid22.blogspot.com
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A baby duck being murdered. I can't seem to visualize that, I think it's for the best that I don't ask how that looks. Lol. Her sight is amazing.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha! Love this post of yours! This literally describes my selfie life. Take 50 selfies, post one and have no idea what the caption should be. That is just like every 13 year old girl's selfie life though! So helpful!

    bebeabout100.blogspot.co.uk
    Bebeabout xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #TheSelfieStruggleIsReal#I'mGladThisWasHelpful#Relatable#TheOverUseOfHashtagsIsjustbrilliant.

      Delete
  6. This is the best post ever made in the history of posts. You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. Viviane is amazing and I'm glad I got the opportunity to share one of her posts.

      Delete
  7. HAHAHAHHA. Best. post. ever. Lovely guest post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be one of my favorite posts ever. I agree, it's a lovely guest post.

      Delete
  8. Haha love this. #funny#blogger#potato#tomato#fruitypebbles#rememberthatonetimewheniatethatpieceofchoclate #thatwasagoodmemory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the hashtags gurllll. #yaaaas

      Delete
  9. hahaha. interesting :")

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting me guest post Stella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Viviane your post was a true masterpiece. Helpful and humorous. Virtual high five.

      Delete
  11. Love it, and I've never taken a selfie. True story.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow but I guess it's not that shocking. I've only ever taken one selfie. I'm not a very photogenic person and I hate having my photo's taken so I tend to avoid the camera. That also means all phone cameras.

      Delete
  12. Ah haha! Hilarious, I will definitely be following Viviane! Thank you for sharing these amazing tips!

    Paige & Alexa

    http://thislittleblogofours.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great and no problem, it was really fun having the opportunity to share this post.

      Delete
  13. Wow ! what a great sites on Art / music to maintain your Art / music I like your blog ,you can visit us at very nice folllow us on :In attendance Photographers in Lafayette la new professional snapping products impending up each have the merchandise djs in New Orleans. The unsurpassed thing approximately such possibly will have been in the direction of contemplate the technique they get mixed. The significant then new belongings New Orleans Photographer have been to safeguard what has originated depressed to the decent work. The innovative belongings are baton rouge photography all share of that trendy.

    ReplyDelete