Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Tips on blogging.( What I've learnt so far.)


1) Only blog if you have a passion for the subject you want to blog about. You may loose interest fairly quickly if you're not blogging about something that you like.

2) Patience is key. In the first month of blogging I felt as if no one wanted to read my blog and my page views seemed to reflect that but after a while I saw an increase in that amount.

3) Comment on other people's blogs. Comment meaningful things and actually read the post. If the post is about dancing don't comment about fishing and there's nothing wrong with linking your blog in the comments so people can check your's out.

4) Make your titles relevant to the subject of your post but make them catchy and or funny. Something that people would love to read.

5) Keep things original Write what you want to write. If there's a popular trend by all means follow it but stay true to what you envision your blog to be.

6)Write to inform, entertain,share and educate. My blogging motto.

7) Keep posts short. (although my post may contradict this statement.) When someone reads a post it needs to be short to make it easily readable and keep the reader interested. Although this doesn't mean that you can't write long posts(trust me I do it all the time).

8) Keep a blogging schedule. Post consistently ( yet again my blog is a horrible example of this.)

9) It's ok to write a post a head of time if you know that you might not be able to write a post that week.

10)Guest post on other people's blogs if you can. This is a great way to get your blog known to others. Post something you are passionate about and that people would kill to read. Literally that is.

So here are a few of the things I have learn't from my very few months of blogging and by no means am I an expert on blogging but I hope this post provided you with some insight if you really wanted to start a blog.








21 comments:

  1. These are some great tips! Thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool :)
    You ever had the "Follow me please" commentors?
    These are some real nice tips :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, these are really good tips! I agree with all of them.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I agree that you should always blog about what you're interested in and to comment on other blogs. But I reckon you can write about anything really. It isn't entirely for the readers. It's for you, and having people read and comment is a way to make your writing not seem pointless, but you're still writing for you. And it can be a long post. People will still generally read it ;) As for guest posts, I've never done one. Are they worth it or should I just continue only writing for my blog?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and I probably should have included that you can write anything you please. Blogging is for both the reader and the content producer. Guest posting seems cool in my opinion as you can branch out to a different audience to your own but I haven't really done one yet either,if you'd like your welcome to do one on my blog.

      Delete
  5. These are important tips! I really should try to follow them! How long ago did you start blogging? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I started blogging a little bit less than halfway through November.

      Delete
  6. These are really great tips, I really love your blog and you are a great follower so I have nominated you for The Liebster Award.
    Check out my blog

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and a really big thank you for the nomination, I can't wait to do it.

      Delete
  7. These are great tips!
    I always fail to stick to a schedule as well haha
    Emily
    xx
    http://emilyattemptslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The struggle of sticking to a schedule is too real.

      Delete
  8. Amazing tips! I will have to share this post around. It really helps. Thank you. I love tip #2. Patience is something you have to have to blog. My blog was SO SLOW when it started, but after a while it took off. So yep, great tip! Sorry, weird mood;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your blog is amazing by the way, and I love the way your posts are always different.

      Delete
  9. Great tips they really were helpful, also I absolutely love your motto and will now swear by it! Really informative post and creative! Will be following you, your post are really genuine...
    Amber
    xx
    www.amberoseblogs.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait I am already following! What a div i am sorry :(
      xx
      Amber

      Delete
    2. Lol it's ok, I changed my blog name and design so it's understandable. I'm glad you found the post helpful.

      Delete