Friday, 2 January 2015

Shooting stars.

The first post in my memories series.
Not mine.

When I was younger I had this obsession. I was in love with the stars. Shooting stars specifically. The possibility that you could wish upon a star and have your dreams come true amazed me. I didn't care what anyone said about them. To me they provided a solution for all the issues I saw problematic as a child. I felt like I had an advantage; I believed in something I felt no one did. I decided that the first thing I'd wish for if I ever saw a shooting star would be 3 more wishes. I made dozens of lists, attempting to choose which 3 things I wanted to choose.The reason I chose 3 was because I thought wishing for 4 seemed greedy.I waited in anticipation for the arrival of a shooting star. Hours were spent researching when a shooting star was expected. Every night I would wake up, draw back the curtains and stare at the sky.  I suppose that's how I came up with my blog title.

 When I'd wake up I would pull out my lists,revising them and praying that I would be able to recite them correctly if a shooting star happened to pass by. I believed in the magic of believing. The brilliance that something possessed when you showed faith in it. But I've grown to fear the dark and I think I'm loosing belief in shooting stars. And at the risk of sounding rather childish. It sucks. I had always thought that I was a part of the stars. I was one of them. My name meaning star, I was taught to understand and appreciate the importance of my name. I was a star and as an 6 year old I took it literally.

So for years I was a star. One of many , side by side with the moon. I liked it. I loved feeling like I had such such significance. And now I'm 13, maybe a tad naive but in my eyes quite understanding of the world. It's not what 6 year old me had thought. The world, I believe still has magic, It's just not as prominent my eyes. But I'm still waiting on that shooting star. I'm still waiting to claim my place beside the moon. I'm still trying to believe in something more than just reality. Something beyond what society says we should believe. I wish we all did too.

I hope you enjoyed reading this- Stella :)






28 comments:

  1. I love this; you wrote it so beautifully. I was (am) a big magic-lover, too, although I was (am) into fairies and elves and vampires (you get the picture). Ironically, my last name is "Woods." It's funny how that works out. Don't forget about that magic; it's a great help through life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Shooting stars are something I'll always keep near to my heart.

      Delete
  2. That was really heart-warming. :). I too recently did a series of a post called The observer. Waiting for more!
    http://cascadesofdreams.blogspot.in/2014/12/time-changed.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOH. I love that post. It's way better than mine. I'm glad you linked it, your an amazing writer.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this, Stella! You're a great writer :) I think it's beautiful to believe in the magic of believing. Ever heard of "law of attraction"? I truly believe that people who think positively and are optimistic attract good things!! looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've heard of law of attraction before and I certainly believe in it. I'm so happy you read my post and you took the time to comment.

      Delete
  4. Stars hold a special place in my heart. They point the way and the light the night when all you think is darkness. But there will always be stars there to hold you close until the morning comes.

    Beautiful post, Stella. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Such a beautiful comment, excuse me whilst I wipe my tears.Lol

      Delete
  5. Wow. This post was so beautiful! Your whole blog is beautiful really; it has such a gypsy-like and free atmosphere to it (omg I sounded like a 17th-century poet just now O_o :P) Anyway, like I said, this is beautiful and I really like your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thank you. I'm not just saying this because I have to, but I really do love your blog and I'm really glad that I found it. But there's one thing I want to know,do you like unicorns?

      Delete
    2. They're pretty cool I guess; I have a little accessories bag that I got from Forever 21 that has unicorns all over it (there's a picture of it in an old post on my blog)

      Delete
    3. Amazing. We're now officially blogging friends ( that's if your ok with that).

      Delete
    4. Omg yayayayayay yes I'm totally okay with that! I have literally only one blogging friend right now so I am super happy to have another one \^o^/

      Delete
  6. What beautiful memories! Gosh Stella, is there any way you could teach me how to write like you? I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the technique is to have a note pad next to you all the time. Sometimes the first idea that pops into your head is the one that becomes the best when expanded on.

      Delete
  7. This is such a great post! I wish i did something like this when I way younger instead of just eating chocolate and annoying people. I wish I was as talented of a writer as you! Please follow my blog if you don't already. Thank you for always visiting and commenting on it :)
    http://anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Lol, I do my fair share of eating chocolate and annoying people. I'm currently following your blog and I love your posts.

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh your name is Stella and you're part of the stars. That is amazing
    http://brennasbadblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .I've got the same name as my mum. It's really funny when someone yells Stella and me and my mum both turn around.

      Delete
  9. This was stunning, such a lovely heart warming post. Keep up the great work it's amazing.
    Amber || http://amberoseblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautifully written! You recall those memories with powerful descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was really beautifully written! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,and another thank you for checking out my post and following.

      Delete
  12. I've never seen a shooting star in 19 years I've walked this earth D: D:
    PS : This was really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly neither have I but it's on my bucket list. I doubt it might happen though. Thank you Neal.

      Delete