Pages

Saturday, 20 December 2014

The Christmas tree - A poem.

My Christmas tree is alive.
It rocks,
It sways,
It smiles.
Sometimes it even talks to me,
We talk all day and night.

She says she doesn't like dresses,
And we should all stop buying her clothes.  
Not mine.
But what sort of tree is naked?
Well there might be some,
I suppose.

She wears a golden unicorn,
Upon her head so high.
We tell her to take it off,
But she refuses to comply.

One day I found her running,
So fast across the room.
She tied herself to the kitchen door,
And said she wouldn't move.

She opened up our presents,
Then blamed it on the elves.
I saw my bracelet on her hand,
She stole it from the shelf.

My Christmas tree is a liar,
And a stubborn one at that.
She doesn't follow rules,
I think we'll take her back.

I haven't posted a lot about Christmas recently but I hope you enjoy this poem.
What type of posts would you like to see in the future?



4 comments:

  1. Haha, I absolutely love this : )
    I would love to see more poems like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I couldn't keep a straight face when I was writing this poem but I'm hoping to come up with more of them.

      Delete
  2. Great poem! :) I have no preferences for the future; anything would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have a whole bunch of ideas for up coming blog post so I'm very excited.

      Delete