Pages

Monday, 1 December 2014

Perfection.

I used to think that I had to be perfect. That I had to conform to every trend and rule and that in doing so I would become perfect. Perfection to me was more than just a ten letter word. I tried so hard to reach it but the only problem was I was doing all the wrong things. You see my image of perfection had been influenced by too many people and their points of view. I had lost who I wanted to be and the way I wanted to be that person. I had become plagued with so many false expectations that I was trying to be someone I was not. I wanted to be perfect. The person who was popular,rich, thin, smart,beautiful,funny. Everything I thought meant you were perfect.
  I  soon realized that trying to be perfect wasn't worth it. I stopped trying to be someone else and just accepted myself for who I was. I was perfect in my own way and all that mattered was that I gave a 100 percent in everything I did and that I never gave up. I know that I may not be perfect, but I'm human. Perfection shouldn't have the ability to dictate how you act, or talk or be. It should only be there as something you should always try and strive towards.It's not attainable but you can come close to it just by being yourself. You see perfection is what you make of it. Don't let anyone influence that because everyone is perfect in  their own special way. And yes that sounded terribly cliche but it's true. Just simply be you.
Perfection - having all the required or desirable elements,qualities, or characteristics;as good as it is possible to be.
 Perfection to me -having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be in your opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment