Pages

Sunday, 28 December 2014

2014-2015 New Year's Resolutions.

  I am an abuser of chance.
It's bruised and beaten up,
With every passed opportunity
And every missed glance.


Calvin and Hobbes
Not mine.

The arrival of a new year is soon upon us and it's a time where we begin to evaluate what we want to achieve and improve on. I for one am slightly dreading 2015. I think it may be due to my fear of amounting to nothing and living a life of where my presence is barely noticeable. And with every new year there is less time in which I have to be someone and make a difference. I wouldn't really have to worry about this if I would stop procrastinating so much but we all know how difficult that can be. The struggle could not be any more real.
 I'm determined next year to stick to my new year's resolutions because in all honesty all the previous ones have been utter fails. I think it's time we take a look at them:
*Eat less fried chicken. I'm pretty sure we all know how that went down. Lets just say, KFC is still my bae.
*Save up for a unicorn. I'm 13 ok, I can dream. In all seriousness the saving part went rather well but when we ventured out to the pet shops they didn't have any unicorns in stock.
*Read a 100 books. I did read, just not technically a 100 books. It would have been a hundred if you times the amount I had by 20 divided that by 10 and added 82. ( I wonder if you can work out how many books I actually read.)
*Cut down on chocolate. This, I feel can only be expressed by this vine.

So what are my new new year's resolutions?
* Stop procrastinating
* Accept that not everything that happens in my life is  always going to be controlled or influenced by me.
*Smile more.
*Be a lot more confident and outgoing.
*Give a 100 % in school at all times. This one in particular is one of the hardest things for almost all teens but education is something that needs to be valued and seen as a privilege, not a chore. Of course not every lesson I take will be enjoyable but that doesn't mean I can't try. No matter how bad I may be at that lesson *cough Design Technology cough* I'm willing to try.
  
What are your new year's resolutions?




18 comments:

  1. These are such awesome resolutions! You are such a great writer. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such an amazing comment Arushee.

      Delete
  2. These resolutions are definitely goals I'm striving for too. Education is important, and procrastination is my weakness.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a lot of people can relate. I hope you achieve your new year's resolutions.

      Delete
  3. Nice resolutions, Stella! I don't even bother with them anymore lol. I'm more of a "go with the flow" kind of person.. Like many, planning never works too well for me.

    I agree 100% on that last resolution! Learning shouldn't be a chore. That's why I've never been a fan of mandatory education. Of course always try your best with the lessons, but don't stress too much—you have all the resources you need to find the information you truly want and require at the moment! :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment and follow, by the way.

    ~Eve
    http://eveofnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the amazing comment and no problem. I love your blog and your writing.

      Delete
  4. Can't goals. This is making me think about my list, you've made my goals look silly compared to yours! Good list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat but I must say I think your goals are rather good and well thought out.

      Delete
  5. I procrastinate so much is literally unhealthy! Loved this post and the little picture made me laugh!
    Great Blog...
    Amber || http://amberoseblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *High 5 for procrastination* Thank you, I checked out your blog and followed. Can't wait to read your next post.

      Delete
  6. This post is brilliant, and Calvin and Hobbes are my childhood. <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Calvin and Hobbes are so brilliant.

      Delete